Thursday, July 20, 2006

Artist Statement:

My work is more conceptual in that I focus on texture and body language over form and design to create a character commentary. I save my mistakes and sometimes utilize casting flaws. I try to give the figures an "iconic" quality or the look of primitive relics. I'm a history and sociology buff. I love old ruins and broken statuary. I get a lot of my ideas just looking at those forms and surfaces.

Galleries:
Current:
Gruen Gallery-Chicago, Ill

Renaissance Fine Arts, Baltimore, Bethesda, Md. and Haverford, Pa.

Sculpture Site/New Leaf Gallery, Sonoma, Ca
Christopher Hill Gallery, St Helena, Ca.
Gallery 21, Carmel, Ca.
Del Jou Art Group, Atlanta, Ga

Selected Solo Shows:
Braico Gallery, Myths and Modern Legends 1997
Sculpture House and Gardens, Recent Works 1998
Bradford/Smock Gallery, San Francisco, Ca. 1999
Alvarado Gallery/Monterey Conference Center, Meditations 2000
Pacific Grove Art Center, Urban Myths and Heros 1999

Mary Titus Gallery, Monterey, Ca 2009

Anon Salon Gallery, San Francisco, Ca. 2009
Gallery 21, Carmel, Ca Mark Bava New Works, 2010

Selected Group Shows:
Beux Arts, Dallas Museum of Art, Dallas, Tx 2002
Pacific Grove Art Center, Pacific Grove, Ca
Pacific Rim Group, Monterey, Ca. 1996
Autumn Lights, Los Angeles, Ca. 2007
Anon Salon, San Francisco, Ca. 2004
Seaside City Hall, Seaside, Ca. 2001
Braico/Lewis Gallery, Carmel, Ca. 2004
Sunset Cultural Center, Carmel, Ca 2009



Associations:
LARABA (Los Angeles River Arts Business Association) - Board Member
Downtown Artist Project, Los Angeles - Member
Pacific Grove Art Center, Pacific Grove, Ca. - Board Member
Siggraph, Los Angeles, Ca. - Executive Council